12 Musts for Every Trial, as taken from Eric Ludy's Bravehearted Man conference session entitled "The Return of Grit".
1. Reckon Yourself In Christ—You are secure.
2. Get the Grace Needed—You have grace for help in time of need.
3. Maintain Priority Throughout—Don’t alter your God-assignment priorities. Don’t allow the things that matter most to be robbed out of your life. Don’t allow the urgent to control you.
4. Rouse Your Soul to Rejoice—Cherish this opportunity to get more patience.
5. Offer Thanksgiving, Sing Praises—for the victory is the Lord’s. He will prove the Champion every time.
6. Garrison the Mind—Check EVERY thought at the door. Frisk every thought to see if they have even a trace of anxiety or fear on them. None of this can be allowed in.
7. Garrison the Tongue—When under siege, the soul is sensitized and softer than usual. Over-statements and flesh-statements mustn’t fly. The tongue is owned by the Spirit of God, and in a time of crisis must make a firm resolve to remain the vessel of Spirit Truth.
8. Be Bold to Do Difficult Things. Don’t avoid the difficult solution—Do what needs to be done without hesitation. Sometimes life and death is defined by doing what must be done in the moment, even if it’s the most difficult thing you have ever done.
9. Enter the Searchlight. Be slow to expose the faults of others, be quick to expose your own personal faults. Take claim to whatever your responsibility might be in the situation. Allow the searchlight of the Spirit to start with you. If you are wrong in any matter, then repent, confess, and make things right quickly. Don’t self-justify. Don’t turn against other people and start criticizing. A time of crisis will bring out every error of the soul. Be watchful.
10. Choose Weakness. Accept a weakened posture and a humble approach. Wield Love as your battle-ax. Wield Gentleness as your weaponry. Fast and increase prayer. Consider how you may bless those attacking, those opposing. In weakness there is a spiritual power.
11. Get in the Shoes of Everyone Else. Seek to be presidential. Seek to bring order and peace to the ruffled souls around you. Calm the fears. God is in control.
12. Save the Big Life Decisions for Later. If possible, wait for circumstances to calm before making large-scale life-directing decisions. Don’t panic and throw current life out the window.
For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.
2 Corinthians 10:3-5
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
2 Timothy 2:3
I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
2 Timothy 4:7-8